How are we responding to COVID-19?
Friday, May 15, 12:49pm
I am looking forward to Worship this Sunday as we begin the process of coming back together as one body. Whether it be at Northside physically or through our new live-streaming service, we look forward to worshipping God together! I want to pass on to you the information that McCartney has prepared to help us get connected this Sunday.
- Participate in person at Northside Presbyterian Church at 10:45 A.M. on Sunday. Just a reminder that we will not offer nursery, child care or Jr. Church at this time.
- Participate in the live-stream on our Facebook page, Facebook.com/NorthsidePCA at 10:45 A.M. on Sunday.
- Watch the live-stream on our website: northsidepca.org/live. It will be available shortly after 10:45 A.M on Sunday.
- Listen to the sermon audio or watch the video on our website: northsidepca.org/media. Sermon audio will be posted by Sunday afternoon and video will be available Tuesday morning.
Please Note – Although we have taken the time to practice and check the process to live-stream, this will be our first time to do it on a Sunday with many other churches doing the same thing. So, there is a possibility that we may run into a glitch or two. If this happens, please know that we are still recording the sermon and you will be able to access it under #4 above for your convenience.
Thursday, May 7, 5:09pm
It is our sincere desire to return to our corporate worship on the Lord’s Day, while being prudent to protect our fellow brothers and sisters and seeking to maintain the unity of the family of God.
Sunday, May 17, will be our first Sunday back at church. We will live stream the service for those who are not able to attend. We understand that everyone will not be able to attend the live service. If you feel you are vulnerable, sick, have had contact with someone who is sick, or have been in contact with someone who is awaiting test results for COVID-19, we ask that you remain at home and participate in the live streaming service.
Social distancing is the new normal for all of us right now. So we ask that you continue to maintain those standards here at the church. Therefore, it might affect what time you come to church, your use of the restrooms and playground, and how long you choose to stay and fellowship with one another.
Masks – this issue can become very divisive if we let it. However, it can also be an area where we learn to be humble and loving to one another. One, only those in particular positions of service will be required to wear masks (i.e. Ushers and Greeters). For others, masks are optional. Two, we will have corporate singing, so we need to be mindful of those around us. Three, those who will be leading worship will have the option to lead with or without a mask on stage. Pastor Jeff will be wearing a mask during fellowship and singing times, but will not wear one to preach. Our consideration of one another in this area is important.
In order to maintain recommended guidelines, there are some temporary changes that we are incorporating at the church.
- We will have greeters wearing masks who will be available to open the doors to the Welcome Center area.
- We will not offer water, coffee, or snacks at this time.
- We will not have nursery, child care, or Jr. Church. We will communicate with everyone as soon as this changes.
- We will not provide bulletins at this time. Prayer lists will continue to be sent through email and the order of service will be displayed on the projectors.
- We have arranged the chairs to maintain proper social distancing in the sanctuary and Welcome Center. If your family unit exceeds the number of chairs arranged in an area, please feel free to add chairs to that section, while still maintaining the 6 foot rule.
- We will not have our time of greeting one another as part of the service.
- We will have corporate singing.
- We will collect God’s tithes and our offerings during the service. In order to minimize the touching of the offering bag handles, the ushers will simply walk in front of each “row” and carry the bags.
- Lord’s Supper Sundays – The Elders will walk in front of each row and carry the service plates. We will have individual wafers and cups to minimize the touching of the elements.
- Pastor Jeff will not be greeting individuals at the back of the sanctuary. However, he will remain at the front of the sanctuary for those needing to speak to him.
- The building will be cleaned after each use.
- Feel free to speak to your Ruling Elders with any questions or concerns.
- Please enjoy the fellowship time with one another, while maintaining social distancing.
Wednesday, April 1, 5:50pm
On Tuesday night the Session decided to continue our virtual services and social distancing until further notice. It is truly our desire to be together and back to normal, but we need to be wise during these unprecedented times. So, we will continue to worship together, albeit apart.
We will provide virtual services for Palm Sunday, Good Friday, and Easter. I will also send out the Haggadah’s for the Passover Seder next week, and will include a link to watch a video of “Jesus in Passover”. This will allow people to participate in the Seder in the privacy of their own homes.
Keep reaching out to others through the virtual world and checking-in with one another.
Praying for you all,
March 17, 2020 | 1:36pm
Dear Northside Family,
As a Session, we have made the very hard decision to cancel all of Northside’s activities through March 29. At that time we will readdress the coronavirus situation and how we as a church will move forward.
I want everyone to understand that we did not make this decision without great deliberation. We understand that some of you may disagree with this decision. We have heard and listened to valid points on both sides of the matter. Although we will be separated physically from one another, we encourage you to set aside the next two Sunday mornings for individual or family worship. The Session has asked the staff to provide some things to lead you as you worship in your homes the next two Sundays.
- Our Worship Director McCartney Diener will provide a suggested service of hymns and worship songs for you to listen to and/or sing.
- Generations Minister Chris Sanders will provide us with some corporate prayers, and
- Mike Palmer and I will provide Scripture readings and a sermon that we will record for each of the Sundays and post to the church website. The recorded sermons will be from the next two passages in our series on II Thessalonians. We will conclude our series this way.
These next two Sunday mornings are wonderful opportunities to worship the Lord and to pray with and for one another and those who are lost around us.
It is truly our desire to come back together as soon as possible and we will pray unto that end.
Know that your Elders and staff are praying for you. Please contact us if you have any concerns or need assistance.
My love and prayers to all of you.