The Christian Education and Discipleship Team equips believers at Northside Presbyterian for living the Christian life. We seek a state of lifelong learning and growth toward a mature and vital faith. With intentional learning and Christian formation, we become the people God calls us to be, and develop gifts and strengths for encouraging and leading others to the same strong faith.
Our philosophy starts with Biblically based and doctrinally sound teaching.
- We seek to rightly interpret God’s revelation of His nature given us in both Scripture (special revelation) and creation (general revelation) (Romans 1:20 and Hebrews 1:1-2).
- We seek to recognize the distinction between Creator and creation. The Creator God is one God existing in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—who created and sustained all things (Genesis 1:1-2, Colossians 1:16, Hebrews 1:3). The glory of God is the purpose of all of creation (Colossians 3:17, 1 Corinthians 10:31, Isaiah 43:7, Isaiah 48:11).
- We seek to understand the nature of mankind: created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26-27), but fallen in nature due to the rebellion of Adam as covenantal head of all men (Romans 5:12). From Adam, all have inherited a sinful, depraved nature and stand guilty before a holy God (Romans 3:10, 23; Romans 5:12-19) and are therefore in need of salvation (Romans 3:23).
- We seek to understand the perfect work of Christ on our behalf: His incarnation as perfectly divine and perfectly human, two natures in a single person (Colossians 2:9); His perfect obedience and fulfillment of the moral law of God; His death on the cross as a substitutionary atonement for the sins of the elect (1 Peter 2:24); His triumphant resurrection conquering sin and death (Galatians 4:4-5, 1 Corinthians 2:2, 1 Corinthians 15:1-5); His justification of the elect whereby their sins are accounted to Him and His righteousness is imputed to them (2 Corinthians 5:21).
- We seek to understand the work of the Holy Spirit in creation and the heart of the elect; how He provides spiritual gifts to the believer for the work of the Church (Romans 12:6-8, 1 Corinthians 12:6-10), how He enables the believer to produce fruit in his life (Galatians 5:22-23); how He progressively sanctifies the believer making him more Christ-like (2 Thessalonians 2:13, 1 Peter 1:2).
For more information on our various children's and adult Sunday School classes and the accommodations we have made, please contact the church office via email.
Adult Sunday School
Join us on Sunday Mornings at 9:30 am for a study on the book of Romans!
For audio archives of current and past adult Sunday school classes, click the card below:
Larger Catechism class notes can be found by clicking the card below:
If you would like more information on weekly Bible studies, please contact us using the form below